Blueberry coconut pecan cookies, sweet crumbly cookie filled with blueberries, coconut and pecans.
I have been loving this blueberry season, as you can see by all the blueberry recipes that I have on my blog this summer. I have to say that I wish that it could go on and on, but I know that it will all come to an end. But I also know that it will all start up again next year… even though it will be hard to wait.
“Blueberries in cookies”? That is what my mom said when I brought her some to sample. After she sampled one, she had to agree that yes, blueberries in cookies is a good thing. And so did the rest of the family… even those that don’t eat coconut.
The recipe came about for one simple reason. I had left over coconut from the coconut almond macaroons that I posted a while back ago and I wanted to use it up. Yep, I am sure happy that the coconut was sitting in the pantry, because these probably would not have come about.
Blueberry coconut pecan cookies are a sweet crumbly cookie, packed with you got it blueberries, coconut, and pecans. You can change them up with maybe raisins or cranberries, oh yeah cranberries would be a great choice for these cookies. But for the time being I am loving these cookies. I hope that if you love coconut and pecans you will give these a try with whatever fruit you would like to add to them.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cup sweet coconut
- 1½ cup chopped pecans
- 1½ cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking sheets
- Beat butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in egg until combined. Add vanilla and mix in.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, add to the creamed mixture, mix until well blended. Fold in pecans and coconut with a spatula or by hand. Once the pecans and nuts are combined gently folded in the blueberries.
- Drop by teaspoon onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheat 350 degree F oven for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned