One yummy dessert
I love individual desserts served in small glasses. They are fun to make and they are fun to eat. I have made a few different desserts like this and have been wanting to make some more.
Our daughter and granddaughter came for dinner this evening and I thought this would be the perfect time to try another dessert like this. My granddaughter loves bananas and we always have them on hand. I had cream cheese in the fridge that I have been wanting to make something with so, this is where my idea started.
When making cream cheese desserts I like to add some whipped cream, it seems to make the dessert a bit lighter and creamier. Graham cracker crust always is perfect with these types of desserts. I decided to add a hint of cinnamon and then top them off with sweetened whipped cream and caramel sauce.
Needless to say my granddaughter loved this dessert as well as the rest of the gang.
Banana Cream Cheese Dessert
1 1/4 cup graham crackers, crumbs
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
8 ounces cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup whipped cream
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Caramel sauce –
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetened whip cream
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar mix until well blended. Spoon about 1/2 inch of crumbs in each glass and press crumbs down to make crust.
1. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer; add sugar and cinnamon until well combined.
2. Beat whipping cream until stiff peaks. Mash bananas.
3. Fold the mash bananas into the cream cheesed mixture and mix until well blended. Once bananas are folded in fold in whipped cream until well blended.
4. Spoon filling into glasses over graham cracker crust.
5. Top with the sweetened whipped cream.
1. Add butter to a small sauce pan and melt. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and reduce cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
2. Drizzle caramel sauce over the sweetened whipped cream. If you have any of the graham cracker
combination left sprinkle over top of everything.
(Visited 181 times, 1 visits today)