Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage a cheesy pasta dish made with Italian sausage, lots of cheese and ziti, something that the whole family will love.
This baked ziti with Italian sausage is simple to make and will bring the whole family running to the dinner table.
Pasta and Italian sausage is always a winner at our house. To be honest with you I had never had Italian sausage until I met Mike. Yeah, that is right. Growing up on a farm in Wisconsin Italian sausage was never on the menu. I am not sure if I had even heard of it.
Italian sausage was something that Mike grew up on. Their whole family loved it. When Mike introduced me to Italian sausage it was love at first bite.
We have a little grocery store in our town where we live that make their own Italian sausage. They sell the sausage by bulk. So whenever pizza or any dinner that needs Italian sausage is needed we head over to this grocery store. It’s the best.
This baked ziti with Italian sausage is simple to make and comes together quickly.
How to make baked ziti with Italian sausage:
Add the Italian sausage, onion, and garlic to a large skillet. Cook over medium heat until the Italian sausage is brown and the onions are tender. While preparing the meat cook up your ziti. Cook the ziti according to the instructions on the box.
Once the meat is browned add the spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning. Mix until all of the ingredients are combined. Toss in the ziti noodles.
Pour the mixture in a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Place in a preheated oven that is set to 350 and bake 25 to 30 minutes.
Check out these other pasta dishes:
Baked Ziti with Italian Sausage
- 16 ounce ziti
- 1 pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- In a large skillet add the Italian sausage, onions, and garlic. Cook over medium heat until the sausage is browned and the onions are tender.
- While the sausage is being prepared, cook the ziti following the instructions on the box.
- Once the sausage is browned stir in the spaghetti sauce and diced tomatoes. Add the cottage cheese, 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning and mix together.
- Drain the pasta and mix into the sausage mixture.
- Pour into a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with the rest of the mozzarella cheese. Place in the oven that has been preheated to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes. Serve.