Simple side dish… guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
The weather has not been all that great of late. We have been getting lots and lots of rain. It seems every day we get some kind of shower. The rivers and lakes around where I live are high, which means we have not been canoeing at all this summer.
It’s too bad, because it is something that Mike and I really enjoy doing in the summer. Hopefully in the next few weeks things will get back to normal and the rain will subside and we will get to go canoeing.
But in the mean time I have been cooking away. Like these baked Parmesan French fries… French fries always bring a smile to my face and Parmesan cheese never hurts either.
I decided to bake these for a bit of a healthier side dish. These are super simple to make and they turned out nice and tasty.
Baked Parmesan French Fries
3 medium potatoes (such as Russets)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Scrub potatoes, pat dry, and cut into fries
3. In a large zip-lock bag add all of the ingredients except for the potatoes.
4. Squish bag to mix ingredients until they are well blended.
5. Add the potato to the bag and shake until potatoes are well coated.
6. On a jelly roll pan that has been coated with aluminum foil and sprayed with non-cooking spray, place the potatoes in a single layer.
7. Place potatoes in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the crispness you desire). Potatoes should be turned at least one time to help with baking them evenly.
8. Season with salt once done baking and serve.