Avocado vinaigrette, a creamy salad dressing with a bit of a tang. It takes little time and is super easy to make.
This salad dressing is great for putting a salad over the top. It is rich and creamy and goes with leafy greens and salad toppings.
This works great as a dip with your favorite vegetables too. You will be surprised how easy it is to make and quick it is to make.
- The avocado that is used for this recipe should be ripe. You will need to have a ripe avocado to blend with the other ingredients.
- The dressing is a bit on the bitter side. You can add a smaller amount of vinegar to start, and add more if you need to.
- Use a food processor or a blender for best results. I use a mini processor that works well.
- If you prefer a thinner dressing add some water to the dressing. Add a tablespoon at a time until you have the desired constancy.
- This should be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Steps for making avocado vinaigrette
Add the avocado, garlic, onion, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to a food processor or blender.
Blend together until smooth and creamy.
Check out these other recipes:
- Guacamole Dip
- Velveeta Chili Cheese Dip
- Chicken, Pear, and Blue Cheese Salad with Sweet Onion Dressing
If you make this avocado vinaigrette, I would love to hear about it! Please leave me a comment and a rating.
- 1 avocado
- 2 clove garlic roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion roughly chopped
- 1 – 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- In a food processor add the avocado, garlic, onion, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, lime juice, oil oil, salt, and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Stir in 2 to 4 tablespoons of water for a thinner dressing.
- Serve with your favorite salad greens and vegetables.
- Use a ripe avocado for the creamiest results.
- Use a food processor or blender, I like to use a mini food processor. It works great.
- If the dressing is too thick stir in a few tablespoons of water.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
This recipe was originally published on May 8, 2018. It has been updated with new content and pictures on August 17, 2023.