Orange and cream cheese come together to make a delightful muffin.
Woo-hoo!! Yes, it is the first day of spring. Warmer weather is here to stay… or at least coming soon. The weather has been a bit warmer than a few weeks ago and I have been loving it. I am so ready to shed my winter coat and gloves. I guess that you get the idea by now… I am definitely ready for spring. These orange cream cheese muffins remind me of spring with their sweet orange flavor.
I have another orange recipe. I am still trying to work my way through the bag of oranges that I bought last week. If you look back at some of my last posts you will see the ways I have been using oranges.
I enjoy baking with oranges, I love the sweetness that they bring to these muffins. The cream cheese goes nicely with the orange flavor of the muffins. The orange glaze that tops the muffins adds a bit more of the orange flavor to the overall muffin.
I hope that you are enjoying your first day of spring.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2¼ cup flour
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Orange glaze
- 1¼ cup powder sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Add cream cheese and sugar to a medium bowl, beat until fluffy. Add butter mix until mixed in. Add eggs one at a time and mix until blended in. Add the milk and orange zest and mix until blended.
- In another bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper liners. Fill each tin ⅔ full with the muffin batter and bake in a 375 degree F preheated oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove move from oven and cool on cooling racks until completely cooled.
- While muffins are cooling mix the glaze together. Gradually add the orange juice to the powder sugar beating until smooth and the right consistency. Drizzle over muffins.