Lime chili chicken legs… moist, juicy, and yummy!
I have always loved my chicken legs. I can eat the breast or the thighs or even the wings, but there is something about a chicken drumstick that I love. Maybe it is because I think that the chicken legs are always tender and juicy, more than the other parts of the chicken. Well whatever it is it will always be my favorite.
I find myself cooking with limes more and more. You can usually find at least one lime in my house at all times. It is funny to think that before my blogging days I would have never thought of buying a lime. I never even gave it a thought of baking with lime especially not cooking with them, even though I enjoy the flavor of lime.
As for these chicken legs, they were tender and juicy. I loved the flavor that the lime and chili powder brought to the chicken. There was also some garlic and a bit of honey that is in the recipe that also brought some yummy flavors. The flavors blend together nicely, but you taste a bit of the lime along with the chili powder and honey.
The chicken comes together in less than an hour, so it will work for a busy week day dinner or it is perfect for the weekend as well.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and set a side.
- In a small bowl mix together the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, minced garlic, and honey, mix well.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish and spoon half of the lime juice mixture over the chicken. Turn chicken over and spoon the remaining lime juice over the other side of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until tender and juice run clear. Baste the chicken with the juice from the pan a few time will baking. Turn over half way through the baking time.