Cranberry pistachio oat muffins are topped with a brown sugar topping; which gives these muffins a tart and sweet taste.
One of the things that I love at this time of year is all the fresh cranberries in the stores. Yeah, I know that you can get cranberries in the store at other times of the year, which are either frozen or dried. But for me, I love it when the fresh ones roll out to the store shelves. Hence these cranberry pistachio oat muffins.
I wanted to share a cranberry recipe this week. When Mike and I were grocery shopping this past weekend I picked up a couple of bags of fresh cranberries. So I looked through my blog to see what recipes that I have shared that feature cranberries and to my surprise I did not have a muffin recipe.
Well, I had to fix that, so here is the cranberry pistachio oat muffin recipe to fill the hole.
I love the tart flavor that cranberries give to any baked items. But I like to counteract that tartness with a bit of sweetness. The brown sugar topping adds that sweetness that I was looking for.
What are your favorite muffins at this time of year? Are you as excited as I am that there are fresh cranberries in the stores once again?
If you like this recipe check this one out.
- 1½ cup flour
- 1½ cup old fashion oats
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pistachios
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, oats, baking powder, and salt, mix together.
- In another bowl whisk together the sugar, oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and pistachios.
- For the topping
- In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter and mix well.
- Fill the muffin tins two-thirds of the way. Sprinkle the brown sugar topping over the top of each muffin.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely and serve.