I am a girl that loves sweet potatoes. I didn't discover this until just a few years ago. It was quite by accident, I was on a kick for eating healthy and knew that they were good for you so I decided to give them a try and I was hooked. Usually I like to eat them baked with nothing on them.
I have seen recipes for baking sweet potato fries and chips; they looked so good that I had to try this. But each time I was disappointed.Each time the fries and the chips both came out either limp or black; I could not get the crispy potato that I was looking for. So finally I just gave up and decided to roast them.
I went with sweet and salty, because I thought it sound just right for a sweet potato. So I went with cinnamon, sugar, and tossed in a little sea salt. They turned out delicious and I loved the sweet and salty flavors on the potato. Who needs fries or chips anyway?
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes cut into cubes (about 3 to 4 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoons cinnamon
Sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F
2. Scrub potatoes and dry off with a paper towel
3. Cut each potato into cubes
4. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and toss until well coated.
5. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the potatoes. Toss until the potatoes are coated.
6. Cover a jelly roll pan with aluminum foil and spray with a nonstick spray.
7. Spread the potatoes on the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
8. Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until fork tender. Serve immediately.