Monday, August 13, 2012
Chicken Parmesan Sandwiches
Are you looking for an amazing chicken sandwich; something that is a little out of the ordinary chicken sandwich? I was looking for that sandwich when I found this Parmesan chicken sandwich; something just a little different not just your ordinary sandwich.
I found this sandwich when I did the Crazy Cooking challenge back in July. The sandwich was posted by Kim from Little Mommy, Big Appetite. The minute I saw this sandwich I knew that I would be making it and I pinned it right away. I have mentioned in some of my past posts that I was making a special meal for my daughter Krista before she moved to Chicago; I knew that she would love this sandwich so I saved it for that special occasion.
The chicken for these sandwiches turned out perfect. The seasoning to the crispiness of the chicken breast is so good. My family enjoyed them so much that I have made this chicken another time already. So if you are looking for an amazing sandwich that is not just your everyday ordinary sandwich I hope that you will try this one. And if you are looking for some amazing recipes check out Kim's blog Little Mommy Big Appetite.
For my sandwiches I baked some buns. These buns were equally amazing as the chicken; I will be posting the recipe for those on my next post.
Parmesan Chicken Sandwiches (Adapted from Little Mommy Big Appetite)
3 pounds very thinly sliced
1 cup all- purpose flour
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Dash of red pepper flakes
1 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 grated Parmesan
Sliced Mozzarella (enough for a couple of slices on each sandwich)
2 - 3 tablespoons olive oil (or more if needed)
Rolls or French bread
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil
2. In a small bowl, mix flour, pepper, salt, and Italian seasoning
3. In another bowl, crack the eggs and beat them
4. In the last bowl, mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan
5. Dip the chicken breast pieces in the flour mixture, then egg, and finally the bread crumb mixture
6. Place the chicken in the pan and cook about 7 minutes per side or until the chicken breast are no longer pink inside
To make sandwiches:
7. Slice open the rolls or French bread (Bread can be toasted in the oven if desired)
8. Place sauce on the bread then the cooked chicken breast top with more sauce, on top of this add your cheese
(Note: Original recipe used 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour)